This pre-inspection checklist is a quick guide to help you check the basic requirements of a safe swimming pool area. Make sure you work your way through it before we come for your inspection, and you could save yourself the cost and inconvenience of a second inspection.
- Does the gate open away from the pool?
- Is the gate latch 1500mm from the ground?
- Does the gate self-close from any position?
- When closed, is it secure and does not pull free?
- If the latch is not a magna type latch, is the gap between gate and fence less than 10mm?
- Does the gate close from resting on the strike plate?
- Are the hinges 900mm apart? Or non-climbable?
- Is the gap between the gate and the ground less than 100mm
- Is there a CPR sign clearly on display?
- Are all the fence panels there?
- Are all the fixings tight and secure?
- Is the gap between the fence and the ground less than 100mm?
- Are there no gaps greater than 100mm in the fence?
- Is there no direct door or window access to pool?
- Is fence height 1200mm high or higher?
- Is the fence free of sharp hazards and edges?
- Are climbable items removed from near the fence?
- Is the distance between climbable horizontal rails greater than 900mm?
- When squeezing vertical bars, is the gap on either side less than 100mm?
- Have trees near the fence been trimmed so that children can’t use them to climb?
- Is there a clear 300mm on inside of fence and clear 1200mm on the outside of the fence?
- Is there a 900mm “clear zone” where the pool fence intersects another fence?